Monday, September 20, 2010

My First Blog!

So today is the day! I am not a very Internet savvy person so I have stayed away from all forms of blogging...until now. I had to create a website and blog for one of my classes (Who knew to be an elementary teacher you needed to know how to blog?) and it turned out to be kind of entertaining.

My previous blog for school was a practice, unpublished blog so when I had to name my blog and create the URL I was faced with my first obstacle. I was struck by sheer panic thinking it would be permanent and that it would be how everyone would find my blog. I have no idea how businesses come up with their names or how you would ever come up with a title for a book, the thought of that is nerve-wracking to me. I read a few articles on "how to name your blog" and none of them were very helpful. The only thing I got from them was that your URL should match your title. I ended up getting the idea for my blog title while searching for penguin stuff (penguins have become a mini obsession of mine lately). Then you have to hope what you want is available. Luckily I only had to tweak my title once otherwise I think I would have become very discouraged.

I know you are supposed to have a general theme for your blog, but I have decided that I needed a place to blog about whatever is going on in my life. There are so many things happening everyday it's hard to be able to share it all with everyone. I am currently working at a family owned bar, going to school to be an elementary school teacher and planning my upcoming wedding. All of this makes for very full and wonderfully exciting days! There is rarely a boring day in my life and I am constantly finding myself in new experiences so I have decided to share some of them with anyone who is interested. Some topics to expect are:
  • School
  • Stories from the bar
  • Evan: My nephew
  • The Wedding
  • And the occasional penguin post
I hope you can find the color in your life!
Sincerely,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment